Varsity Girls Golf Team
Hiland Golf Course
WELCOME/INTRODUCTIONS: Welcome interested golfers and parents to the first meeting for the Butler High School Varsity Girls Golf Team. The 2006 season will be an inaugural year with exhibition play in the fall.
Alan Zediker Lynn Parker Hank Keller
SCHEDULE: Summertime conditioning or until done playing on the golf course.
· Tuesdays – conditioning the short game (pitching, chipping, putting)
· Fridays – playing on the golf course 1:00 PM
· Monthly schedule for June starts Tuesday, June 13
TRYOUTS: Week of August 14-18
· Khaki skorts/pants and White collared sleeved shirt
· No jewelry except a watch and one pair of earrings
· Must have golf shoes
· Rain gear in case of inclement weather
· Hats or visors ??
· At each conditioning you must have your own clubs and cart, tees, golf balls, golf towel, socks, and dressed appropriately (refer to Dress/Jewelry above)
· The school district does not supply some of the equipment above
· Tuesday, June 6, at IHS Guidance Office Lobby from - or from your own family physicians
· Bring your completed medical history and signed permission form to the examination. If you did not receive these papers pick them up at the Athletic Office
· If you have glasses/contacts please wear them to the physical as your eyes will be tested
· There are no make-up days scheduled for exams!
· Golfers should do a strengthening program over the summer
· Golfers should read various books and publications on the rules and etiquette of golf
· Scrimmages that are currently scheduled for the fall (others may be scheduled at a later date)
August 25, Blackhawk at
· Dates and times are subject to change due to weather and make-up matches
· It could be beneficial to take lessons over the summer from a teaching golf pro of your choice
· Golfers should plan on playing golf at least twice a week
In matches 5 golfers play, the 4 lowest scores count and are added for a cumulative score (the team with the lowest cumulative score wins)
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER CONTACT HILAND GOLF COURSE at (724) 287-8814
GOOD LUCK! GOOD GOLFING! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!